1. What was the first job you had?
Camp counselor when I was 14.
2. What’s your proudest moment as a trial lawyer?
It would be the times I have gone through trials and stood by my client when a favorable verdict has been rendered.
3. I attribute my success to….
Hard work, sincerity, and passion.
4. What is your most notable verdict or settlement?
Either a $2.2 billion verdict involving the dilution of chemotherapy drugs or a $160 million verdict effecting safety at railroad crossings.
5. What is your fantasy job?
What I do every day.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. What do you like to do in your time off?
Traveling and spending time with my wife and children.
8. What’s your favorite hobby?
Fly fishing or golf.
9. What’s one word that describes you?
10. What keeps you awake at night?
The destruction of our environment.
11. What newspaper do you generally read daily?
12. What advice would you give a young attorney?
Try your good cases and settle your bad ones (easier said than done). Most importantly find a way to try cases.
13. How do you relax?
Yoga, meditation, and being in nature.
14. What’s your most embarrassing moment in life?
Being awarded more money by a jury than I requested in closing.